If you are requested by support to reinstall your DAX drivers, please use the procedure below.
This procedure assumes you are running on a 64-bit operating system. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, you will need to change the directory path to replace 64-bit Drivers with 32-bit Drivers.
In the example below SmartSDR is version 1.6.21 is used. Make certain you are running this procedure from the latest SmartSDR for Windows application folder installed on your PC.
- Shut down SmartSDR
- Close the DAX Control Panel
- Close any sound card applications that may be using a DAX sound device
- Using the Windows Search, type in CMD.
- Right lick on cmd.exe and Run as Administrator
- Change directory to where the DAX_IQ driver is located:cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\IQ_DAX
- Run the DAXIQ driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_IQ_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the DAXIQ driver install batch file: SmartSDR_IQ_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the RXAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\RXAudio_DAX
- Run the RXAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_RXAudio_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the RXAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_RXAudio_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the TXAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\TXAudio_DAX
- Run the TXAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_TX_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the TXAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_TX_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the MICAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\MICAudio_DAX
- Run the MICAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the MICAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_install.bat
- Close the command window
- Reboot the PC