If you are requested by support to reinstall your DAX drivers, please use the procedure below.
This procedure assumes you are running on a 64-bit operating system. If you are using a 32-bit version of Windows, you will need to change the directory path to replace 64-bit Drivers with 32-bit Drivers.
In the example below SmartSDR is version 1.6.21 is used to re-install 64-bit DAX drivers.
Make certain you are running this procedure from the latest SmartSDR for Windows application folder installed on your PC.
- Shut down SmartSDR
- Close the DAX Control Panel
- Close any sound card applications that may be using a DAX sound device
- Using the Windows Search, type in CMD.
- Right click on cmd.exe and Run as Administrator
- Change directory to where the DAX_IQ driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\IQ_DAX
- Run the DAXIQ driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_IQ_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the DAXIQ driver install batch file: SmartSDR_IQ_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the RXAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\RXAudio_DAX
- Run the RXAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_RX_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the RXAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_RX_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the TXAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\TXAudio_DAX
- Run the TXAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_TX_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the TXAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_TX_DAX_install.bat
- Change directory to where the MICAudio_DAX driver is located: cd \Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\SmartSDR v1.6.21\64-bit Drivers\MICAudio_DAX
- Run the MICAudio_DAX driver uninstall batch file: SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_uninstall.bat
- Run the MICAudio_DAX driver install batch file: SmartSDR_MICAUDIO_DAX_install.bat
- Close the command window
- Reboot the PC