When selling a FLEX-6000, it is desired to completely remove any user-configured data or settings from the radio before transferring the radio to the new owner. The following procedure will outline how to remove all user-configurable data from the radio.
1.) Unregister the FLEX-6000 from your SmartLink Account
- Start SmartSDR for Windows. If you are not logged into your SmartLink account, login now.
- Highlight your radio and click on SmartLink Setup
- If you see a green check mark and it indicates your radio is "Configured for SmartLink", click on the blue UNREGISTER button.
- You will get a message that the software is trying to connect to the SmartLink server. When a connection is made, you will get the message "Hardware Key the radio now". Press a hardware PTT (foot pedal, mic button, CW paddles).
- The message "Your radio has been unregistered" will be displayed when you have successfully unregistered your radio from your SmartLink account.
There is no need to delete your SmartLink account even if you do not plan to use it ever again.
2.) Reset The FLEX-6000 Callsign and Nickname
- Connect to the radio using SmartSDR for Windows. From the top menu bar select the Settings -> Radio Setup -> Radio tab
- In the CALLSIGN field beside the Callsign button, backspace to delete any information in the box and then enter NOCALL. Press the <ENTER> key when done.
- In the NICKNAME field beside the Nickname button, backspace to delete any information in the box and then enter FLEX-6000. Press the <ENTER> key when done.
- Close the Radio Setup window.
- Shut down SmartSDR for Windows.
3.) Perform a Comprehensive Cold Boot and Factory Reset of the radio
Please pay attention to the "wait times" that are part of the steps listed below. These are important to ensure the radio resets properly.
- Power off the radio by pressing and releasing the power button. Allow it to completely power down before continuing by waiting for the power LED to turn off (or amber if a GPSDO is installed). If pressing and releasing the power button does not shut down the radio, press and hold the power button until the radio shuts down.
- Once the radio is powered off, wait for 2 minutes to allow for all processors to properly shut down.
- Remove the power cable from the radio for at least 30 seconds and then reconnect it. It is important to remove the power cable from the radio and not just turn off the power supply.
- After reconnecting the DC power cable, wait for 2 minutes to allow for the internal PSoC processor to boot up completely before continuing.
For FLEX-6700 and FLEX-6500:
- Press and hold the OK button while pressing and releasing the Power button.
- Release the OK button once the power LED turns white and allow the radio to continue booting normally.
For FLEX-6300, FLEX-6400(M), and FLEX-6600(M):
- Press and hold the Power button for approximately 5 seconds until the power button or power LED turns white. Release the power button and allow the radio to continue booting normally.