Content Provided by: Tim, W4TME
Under certain circumstances, the virtual serial port driver used with SmartSDR CAT may become inoperable, especially after an operating system upgrade. If this occurs, then performing an in-place repair of FlexVSP may resolve the issue.
Use the procedure below:
For more recent versions of SmartSDR follow this procedure. If the FlexVSP Installer file cannot be located, use the alternate procedure below.
- Shut down SmartSDR CAT and SmartSDR (for that matter, close all open FlexRadio programs)
- Using Windows Explorer, navigate to where the installer is located
- The path is C:\Program Files\FlexRadio Systems\FlexVSP
- In that folder is the file: FlexVSPInstaller_xx.msi
(where "xx" is 32 or 64 depending on if your operating system is a 32 or 64-bit.)
- Right-click on it to get the context menu
- Select the Repair option
- Answer YES to any prompt and then wait while the repair executes. It may take a little while.
- When prompted to reboot your PC, select YES and reboot.